Transitional Employment is a highly successful and efficacy based employment model used by over 300 Clubhouses around the world.
The only requirement for a member to participate in Transitional Employment is the expressed desire to work.
Members are provided with opportunities to work part-time (12-20 hour/week) paid jobs with local employers. The jobs are entry level positions, and each placement lasts an average of 6 to 9 months. The Clubhouse works closely with the member and employer, providing ongoing support.
Transitional Employment allows members to gain confidence in their ability to work, explore different types of jobs, improve skills, and establish current references. Members may try more than one Transitional Employment position. Many members use Transitional Employment as a stepping stone to independent employment.
This model has been found to be a very successful collaboration between businesses and the Clubhouse.
The Transitional Employment model offers important and valuable benefits to employers including:
- Filling part-time entry level positions.
- No advertising or recruitment costs.
- Seamless transition between employees.
- Employee training by Clubhouse placement manager.
- Guaranteed attendance with Clubhouse staff coverage of any employee absence.
- Job done to employer’s satisfaction.
- Immediate response by Clubhouse and resolution of any employee issues.
- Recognition and positive public image of community partnership.
- Broadening awareness of mental illness and chipping away at stigma that keeps many people out of the workforce.
The Sally and Howard Levin Clubhouse is currently recruiting local employers to partner with us for our Transitional Employment Program.
For more information, contact Chrissy Whiting-Madison, 412-422-1850 or email@example.com.